With the property market experiencing high demand across the country, property sales are becoming more fast-paced and competition for housing has intensified.
There are a few reasons behind this. Notably is the steady population growth and the increasing choice to buy an established home rather than build. This trend is largely influenced by the beleaguered construction industry, which has been faced with delays, increasing costs, and pushed-out timelines.
All these factors work together to escalate the competition for available properties. It’s a stressful situation, and the burden of finding, reviewing, and purchasing a property that meets your property goals, and your budget, can be overwhelming.
This is where the role of a buyer’s agent becomes significant.
A buyer’s agent enables you to leverage their expert advice and guidance, while they take responsibility for the purchasing process on your behalf.
Let’s look at some of the questions we frequently get asked about using a buyer’s agent, to help you understand how this role can be invaluable in helping you purchase your next property.
What is a buyer’s agent?
A buyer’s agent is there to ensure you have expert support in your corner. They are a registered real estate professional who specialises in sourcing, evaluating, and negotiating the purchase of a property on your behalf.
They’re effectively a buyer-only real estate agent. They work exclusively for you, the buyer, helping you to navigate the purchase process, and achieve your property goals.
What does a buyer’s agent do?
A buyer’s agent partners with you, acting on your behalf during the purchasing process to ensure your best interests are in mind at every step.
At Momentum Wealth, for example, our buyer’s agents:
- Use their skills, and proven research methods, to investigate and identify markets with future growth capability, and the potential to outperform the market. They provide bespoke advice to guide you in the right direction, answer your questions, and ensure you understand what’s happening at every step.
- Help you access high-quality investment opportunities – including leveraging our networks to access off-market properties.
- Undertake due diligence and risk mitigation for you – from pre-purchase property checks through to the final inspection – to uncover and identify any potential risks in your property that could cause problems in the future.
- Undertake any negotiating for you and represent you throughout the property purchase. They act as a buffer between you and the selling agent, ensuring you pay the right price, on the right terms.
- Take the stress of an auction day, or online auction, off your shoulders and manage the bidding for you.
- Ensure that you purchase the right style of investment property to fit your specific needs and that will achieve your long-term goals.
Why should I use a buyer’s agent?
There are some big benefits of partnering with a buyer’s agent.
- Education you can trust: Rather than muddling through the process yourself, your buyer’s agent can help you understand and learn about the purchasing process as you go. They give you all the information you need to make an informed, educated decision on the right purchase that will work towards your property goals.
- Unbiased representation: You want peace of mind that you’re partnering with the right advisor. Buyer’s agents work exclusively for you as the buyer. They act as a trusted source of advice and representation during the search, negotiation, and due diligence process, and ensure that your interests are protected throughout your property purchase.
- Save time: Taking a deep dive into your desired property market takes up a lot of time. Residential buyer’s agents can do the hard work for you. At Momentum Wealth, we use our custom research process to identify the best suburbs and properties to meet your goals and work with you to help you better understand the potential risk factors involved.
- Access better opportunities: What’s advertised isn’t always what’s available. With an expert understanding of the factors that drive Perth’s property growth, buyer’s agents use your buying criteria to identify a range of investment-grade properties – not just what’s within your budget. Our team also tap into our extended networks, giving you access to the best investment opportunities on the market. After all, what’s advertised isn’t always what’s available.
Get the right advice and leverage the benefits of Perth’s property experts
Partnering with a buyer’s agent gives you peace of mind that you’re making the best choice for your property goals.
So you deserve to work with a team that you can trust. At Momentum Wealth we take a strategy-first approach to property purchasing. We help you understand your current position and give you the guidance and support you need to work towards your goals.